In the mood for a quick, yet delicious lunch on a late summer day? Maple-flavored cucumber and peach relish is all it takes to liven up a standard chicken wrap that the entire family will enjoy. Using maple butter, limes and chili peppers, this cool, yet spicy delicacy tickles the taste buds and makes for a memorable lunch. Easy to refrigerate, this meal makes great leftovers, too.
Spread whole-wheat tortillas across a wide surface. Place a lettuce leaf, a few strips of grilled chicken, grated aged cheddar and julienned carrots on each tortilla. Top generously with maple-flavored cucumber and peach relish (see recipe below). Roll up and refrigerate before serving.
Maple and Lime-Flavored Cucumber and Peach Relish
Serving: 2 cups
- 1 grated cucumber
- 4 grated peaches
- 2 tablespoons maple butter (see recipe below)
- 2 limes (juice and zest)
- 1 teaspoon chili peppers
- In a bowl, combine one grated cucumber and four grated peaches.
- Melt maple butter in juice of two limes and add this mixture to the cucumber and peaches.
- Add the zest of 2 limes and the chili peppers. Mix well using a spatula.
- Pour everything into a large strainer over a bowl and leave in the fridge for one hour to drain.
- Place in a well-sealed container and keep in fridge.
- ½ cup softened unsalted butter
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup from Canada
Place ingredients in the bowl of an electric mixer. Beat on medium until thoroughly combined. Maple butter will keep up to six weeks if stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator.