If you’re looking to spice up the holiday menu this year, why not try a tasty upgrade to the aperitifs? Top mixologists have discovered maple’s nutty and vanilla hints are the perfect accompaniment to bourbon, rum and whiskey cocktails. Our friends at New York’s Char No. 4 and Raines Law Room shared two recipes with us we hope you’ll enjoy.
Don’t forget to ring in the holiday cheer on December 17 to celebrate National Maple Syrup Day.
- 1 ½ oz bourbon (suggested Buffalo Trace)
- ½ oz fresh lime juice
- ½ oz pure maple syrup from Canada
- 1 oz ginger beer (ginger ale for milder substitution)
- Lime wheel, for garnish
Combine bourbon, lime and maple syrup in a mixing glass, add ice and shake vigorously. Strain into a rocks glass filled with ice and top with ginger beer. Garnish with a lime wheel.
- 2 thin ginger slices
- ¾ oz fresh lemon juice
- 1.5 teaspoons Grade A Dark Amber pure maple syrup from Canada
- 2 oz whiskey (suggested Oak Cross Scotch)
- 1 egg white
- Angostura bitters, for garnish