The kiddos are sure to love this healthier version of a childhood favorite. Serve these maple mustard chicken nuggets alongside thei favorites veggies for a meal they won’t be able to say no to!
1 cup buttermilk
3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into large nugget-size pieces
1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
¼ cup cornmeal
2 teaspoons paprika
1 ¼ teaspoons salt
½ cup pure maple syrup
2 tablespoons butter
1 teaspoon ketchup
- In a large plastic bag combine buttermilk, 1 tablespoon of the mustard, and chicken. Set aside.
- Heat oven to 425°.
- Line a large rimmed baking sheet with foil. Grease foil well.
- In another large bag combine flour, cornmeal, paprika and salt.
- Add chicken in batches; shake gently to coat.
- Place all of the chicken in a single layer on the baking sheet. Bake 10 minutes.
- In a small saucepan combine maple syrup, butter, ketchup and remaining 2 tablespoons mustard.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, just until butter is melted. Remove from heat.
- Dip each nugget in the maple glaze and return to the baking sheet.
- Bake about 5 minutes, until chicken is cooked through and glaze is set.