Seafood shines when complemented with the flavor of real maple syrup. Just a tablespoon of real maple syrup brings out the taste of the shrimp, white beans and tomatoes, transforming it from an ordinary pasta into an extraordinary meal.
- Heat olive oil in a large sauté pan and cook onion until soft.
- Add garlic and stir to soften.
- Stir in maple syrup and tomatoes. Cook gently for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add beans and arugula and cook on low heat until arugula wilts. Add a little water if mixture gets too thick.
- Stir in shrimp. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Serve with pasta.