This delicious dish is bursting with flavor! The rice soaks up the flavors of the wine and chicken stock while the maple syrup adds just a touch of sweetness. Finish it off with the crunch of tangy green apples, and this dish is the perfect side to any meal.
- In a large thick-bottomed pot, heat oil on high. Add onion, peppers and maple syrup; sweat for about 7 minutes.
- Lower heat, add wine and deglaze the pot. Reduce until almost all liquid has evaporated.
- Add chicken stock and bring to a boil.
- Add rice, then season with salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook for approximately 20 minutes.
- Add apples and mix gently. Serve warm.