Take a break from your morning routine with these pancakes made from potatoes. Perfect for breakfast or brunch, this recipe fuses two morning time favorites: traditional pancakes and hash browns. Add red onion, chives and maple sugar for a touch of sweetness. You can also top the maple potato pancakes with sour cream, smoked salmon or prosciutto and fresh herbs. This recipe gets bonus points for versatility and can match with any choice of toppings you crave.
- In a bowl, mix all ingredients (except for the olive oil).
- In a non-stick pan, heat the oil.
- Using a spoon, scoop mixture into small patties and fry for about 3 minutes on each side.
- Remove from pan and transfer onto paper towel to drain the oil.
- Garnish with sour cream, smoked salmon, or prosciutto and fresh herbs.