Liven up your BBQ with this sweet and spicy spare rib recipe! Skip the plain BBQ sauce and create your own Asian-inspired sauce that includes ginger, sesame oil, Tabasco sauce and maple syrup. This recipe gives your guests a taste of spicy rib flavor, soothed by a hint of sweetness they crave. As any great griller knows, it’s all in the sauce!
- Fill a large casserole pan with salted water, and boil the ribs for 45 minutes. Set aside.
- In a separate sauce pot, mix maple syrup with ginger, soy sauce, garlic, sesame oil and Tabasco (or chili peppers). Boil for 5 minutes.
- Drain water from the casserole pot, pat the ribs dry and baste with the sauce.
- Reduce excess sauce to a low temperature setting and grill ribs for 6 minutes on each side.
- Pull apart rib meat from the bone, and assemble sandwich, adding additional sauce if desired.