Our maple walnut bread is so delicious, you’ll never miss the gluten! The warm flavor of cinnamon combines with the richness of maple and the crunch of walnuts for a loaf that is perfect for a hearty breakfast or anytime snack. Everyone is sure to enjoy this recipe, though your gluten-free friends and family will be extra thankful that you thought of them!
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl combine flours, starch, baking powder, baking soda, xanthan gum, cinnamon and salt.
- Heat butter in a small saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until butter turns a nut brown color. Remove from heat. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine maple syrup, buttermilk and eggs. Stir in browned butter.
- Add wet ingredients to the dry. Stir until just combined. Stir in walnuts.
- Pour into a well-greased 9×5-inch loaf pan.
- Bake 55 to 60 minutes, until risen and a toothpick in the middle comes out clean.