Cool off hot, summer days with this easy recipe for orange and maple gazpacho. This natural and healthy soup is rich in vitamins A and C, as well as minerals like manganese, potassium and fiber. But more important, it tastes great! Served cold, gazpacho can stay in the fridge for up to two weeks.
- 1 carrot, coarsely chopped
- 1 orange bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 celery stick, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup from Canada
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Put all ingredients into a blender. Blend until smooth, about 1 minute.
- Pour into a bowl, cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour, up to 3 hours. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve cold in small cups.